Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Red Wheelbarrow


The Red Wheelbarrow, originally uploaded by alicen.

The Red Wheelbarrow
William Carlos Williams

so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens.




In my final year of high school I took a creative writing class. I signed up for it primarily because I needed an extra semester of English to graduate that year. I didn't end up writing much I'm terribly attached to, but the things we read for the class include some of my favorite poems and stories. I've been carrying around a stack of photocopies for about four years now, so I decided to put them together into a book. It's just an old yard sale book with photocopies glued or taped in, but it's something I think I'll be glad to have for a long time.

1 comment:

LauraJ said...

Nifty idea for a scrapbook (I have not encountered it before). Palimpsest... future librarians will have to steam off your additions to find the only remaining copy of "Shadow of the Valley of the Dolls."